This post reveals steps on how to share data on MTN SIM card with others. This was a question from a Nairalander that I would love to answer here first to help also my readers. Many at times we had love to share data with others on our MTN SIM and it was possible using some codes earlier before now but it seems things have changed since MTN started rolling out cheaper data subscription plans for their subscribers.
How Can I Share Data On My Mtn Sim
Before now most 24 hours subscription plans aside the night plans if up to 300MB above is permitted to share data with others but it seems not to be so any longer. But, before you conclude so, check the guide below;
To get started, simply:
- Activate an applicable data plan from the table below.
- Dial *131*2*1# or text REG to 131; to register for MTN Data Share, you will receive a unique security PIN
- You are required to change the system generated PIN to a new PIN they can easily remember by dialling*131*2*5# or by texting Change OLD_PIN NEW_PIN NEW_PIN to 131. E.g Change 0000 1234 1234 to 131. Where 0000 is old PIN and 1234 is your new PIN.
- After changing the PIN, you are required to add beneficiaries to your MTN shared Data Bundle account via USSD menu *131*2*2# or by texting Add <MSISDN> <PIN> to 131. You can add up to 5 beneficiaries.
- Once you have added beneficiaries, you (the sponsor) will be able to share your available data bundle among the added beneficiaries by sending the keyword Share <PIN> to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*3#.
- For Business to share data with staff click here
Hope the above helps. Kindly comment below.